Race Circuit Set Up and Safety Equipment Team
“ The Course Team spend over six weeks preparing for the event.”
The Course Team will spend over six weeks preparing for the event setting up the race circuit with over 6 miles of security fencing and signage. In addition, the Course Hardware team installs a wide range of race safety equipment including 800+ large safety bales. It takes a further two weeks to strip down the circuit after the event. The whole emphasis is on rider and spectator safety.
Working as a team to set up course as described in the event safety plan.
Volunteers maybe involved in all or some of the tasks below:
- Erect fencing for safety around circuit
- Set up enclosures for spectators and trade stands
- Painting on course
- Erecting information and directional signs
- General maintenance
- Driving a forklift with implements on circuit placing bales
- Ability to volunteer as part of a proactive and busy team
- Good level of physical fitness
- Possible challenges may include variable weather conditions and heavy lifting